Lesson Plans and Other Activities
AIMM is committed to providing Arkansas teachers with a wide variety of lesson plans and other resources. Many of these lesson plans do not require a visit to the Museum.
All AIMM lesson plans have been designed to meet specific Arkansas curriculum standards and may be downloaded and reproduced without restriction.
AIMM Lesson Plans
- Using Primary Sources - WWII U.S. Navy Submarine Service Recruiting Posters
- The Role of Geography - The U.S. and the Republic of Turkey
- Economics - Cooking in a Closet: Supply and Demand on a Submarine
- AIMM Scavenger Hunt - How many questions can you find the answers for?
(Solutions available upon request, or by visiting the museum)
- Museum Submarine Crossword Puzzle (Online) - How many do you know?
- Museum Submarine Crossword Puzzle (PDF)
- American Submarine History (Online)
- American Submarine History (PDF)
- Answer Keys are available upon request
Links to other Lesson Plans
Please note that the following sites offer a variety of lesson plans that may, or may not, have specific National curriculum standards identified.
- National Geographic Lesson Plans:
This list of lesson plans was originally developed by Stephanie Bayless, AIMM Museum Intern